Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mid-term tests

Ok it's midterm and the first thing to do is:

Check your book and practice with a friend until you are sure of everything.

Then you don't need to worry.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


TIME:

What's the time:

After:-


1:10 It’s ten after one

2:25 It’s twenty-five after two

5:12 It’s twelve after five


To:-


1:35 It's twenty-five to two

1:50 It's ten to two

11:55 It's five to twelve


15mins = a quarter

so

12:15 It's a quarter after twelve
3:45 It's a quarter to four


In the morning, afternoon, evening, night


It's two in the morning.
What's the time?
It's 2 a.m.

It's 5 in the afternoon
What's the time?
It's 5 p.m.

It's 5 p.m.
What time is it?
It's 5 in the afternoon

It's 11 a.m.
What time is it?
It's 11 in the morning


Noon = 12 in the middle of the day. Midnight = 12 at night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look at a picture and say:

1.

What is he doing? What is she doing? What are they doing? What is it doing?
Is he ________ing ________ ? What's he wearing?

Answers: - He's ______ing _________. (e.g. he's playing tennis.)
She's _______ing to ________(e.g. she's listening to music)
They're _______ing. (e.g. they're eating)

2.
Is she..........? (E.g. is she playing tennis? Is he listening to music? Is he riding a bike? Are they.........? Is it...........?

Answers: yes, he is. No, he isn't. Yes she is. No, she isn't. Yes, I am. No, I'm not.
Yes, they are. No they're not.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transportation

There are two kinds:

Public and private.

Public : - Bus, train, Subway, KTX, Airplane, Ship, Ferry, etc.

Private: - Car, motorbike, bicycle (bike), walking, etc.

How do you get to work?
How does your father/mother/sister/friend get to work?

I drive. I take a taxi. I take the bus. I walk.
He drives. She takes a taxi. She takes the bus. She walks.

They drive. They take a taxi. They take the bus. They walk.

NOTICE. I, we, they, you drive. (Verb)
But he she it drives. (Verb + s)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Family

Know meaning of parent, father, mother, husband, wife, Children, son, daughter, brother, sister.

And eldest, youngest, middle sister/brother.

How many brothers do you have?
I have one brother.

What's his name?
His name is..........


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regular sentences:- (verb and verb + s)

I live near here. They live near here. We live near here. He/she/it lives near here.
I don't live near here. They don't live near here. We don't live near here. He/she/it doesn't live near here.

I study at Uiduk. They study at Uiduk. We study at Uiduk. He studies at Uiduk
I don't study at Daegu University. They don't study at Daegu University. We don't study at Daegu University. He/she/it doesn't study at Daegu University.

Irregular sentences (have and have)

I have a car. They have a car. We have a car. He has a car.
I don't have a motorbike. They don't have a motorbike. We don't have a motorbike. He/she/it doesn't have a motorbike.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Questions about the present time. (This week, this year, etc)

Do and does.

Do you..............? Do they.........? Do we...........?
Does he..............? Does she.........? Does it.............?

e.g. see the book page 39.

Remember time expressions. (p.39)

I eat breakfast AT 9 a.m. BUT.....I eat breakfast IN the morning.

I eat breakfast ON Mondays BUT.........I eat breakfast every day. (Not ON every day)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Your schedule.

Please be ready to answer the question.

"Tell me about your week?"

Answer. I get up early on Mondays. I got to school on Tuesdays. I visit my grandmother on Tuesday nights. Etc.

or

What do you do on Mondays?

I get up at 7 a.m. I watch TV from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.

etc. etc.

Remember to add "s" to Monday, Tuesday etc. if you do the same thing every week.

E.g. I get up early on Mondays. I get up late on Tuesdays. I go to Uiduk on weekdays.

But don't add "s" to everyday.

E.g. I get up early every day. (Not every days)

No comments:

Post a Comment